The Navigation panel lets users select groups (nodes), sub-groups (subnodes) and individual projects for analysis. It is configured to specific client needs.
An Example of Portfolio Navigation Panel
- Our example below represents a portfolio with all sub-portfolios and projects within it.
Navigation panel lets users select the desired node for analysis.
- In our example, 'Long Range Planning' is the chosen portfolio. Under that portfolio tree, we have chosen 'Italy Sleepwell' for analysis.
- The context for 'Italy Sleepwell' is:
- 'Version 2' of the Plan;
- 'Pipeline' Projects;
- 'Insomnia' Division;
- 'Sleepwell' Project and;
- 'EU Sleepwell' Region.
- 'Italy Sleepwell' is at the ending point of the portfolio tree branch, sometimes called a 'leaf' node where input and evaluation occurs.
- Other nodes are aggregations of values from the leaf level nodes.
- The node Sleepwell (in italics) is a 'Platform' node, explained in our article, What is a Platform Node?
The Navigation panel can be resized and reconfigured.
- Resize the Navigation panel by clicking and dragging on the right-hand boundary.
- Clicking the << icon attached to the panel will collapse the Navigation Panel and show the path to the node 'Italy Sleepwell'.